Updated August 10th, 2016
Information we collect and store
In General. We may collect information that can identify you such as your name, phone number and email address ("personal information") and other demographic information that does not identify you. We may collect this information through a website or a mobile application. By using our Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service. When you provide personal information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
● Information you provide. In order to register as a user with baeList, you will be asked to sign in using either your Facebook login and phone number or email address and phone number. If you do choose Facebook, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, mobile number, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, relationship status, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other baeList Service users. You will also be asked to allow baeList to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Service. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service. This could include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information. You may also provide us photos, and information about your gender and preferences for recommendations, such as search distance, age range and gender. If you chat with other Service users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
Use of technologies to collect information. We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on our Service.
● Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit our Service. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address.
● Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies (not edible) to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Service, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Service to show you baeList advertisements on other sites or applications. Sounds delicious!
● Pixel tags. We embed pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear GIFs) on web pages, ads, and emails. These tiny, invisible graphics are used to access cookies and track user activities (such as how many times a page is viewed). We use a variety of pixel tags to measure the popularity of our features and services. Ad companies also use pixel tags to measure the number of ads displayed and their performance (such as how many people clicked on an ad).
● Mobile Device IDs: If you're using our app, we use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the device manufacturer), or also Advertising IDs (for iOS 6 and later), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We do this to store your preferences and track your use of our app. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted, but Advertising IDs can be reset in “Settings” on your iPhone. Ad companies also use device IDs or Advertising IDs to track your use of the app, track the number of ads displayed, to measure ad performance and display ads that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies use device IDs to track information about app usage.
● Information collected by third-parties for advertising purposes. We may allow service providers, advertising companies and ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our Service. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. We do not provide any non-anonymized personal information to third parties.
How we use the information we collect and store
In General. We may use information that we collect to:
● deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
● manage your account and provide you with customer support;
● perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
● communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
● develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
● website or mobile application analytics;
● verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
● perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us. Also, if you access our Service from a third party social platform, such as Facebook, we may share non-personal information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings.
With whom we share and don’t share your information
● Other service providers: We may share information, including personal and financial information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, Ad-tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Service functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Service. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
● Other Situations. We may disclose your information, including personal information:
○ In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
○ In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information. We may use and share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with other Match Group companies and third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Service and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed,non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes. For example, we may engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. The cookies may reﬂect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us (such as your email address), that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of cookies that may be set by third party data or advertising partners, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information we collect and that is why we provide the opt-out links above. However, we do not recognize or respond to any DNT signals, as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
Third Party Websites
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
● You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Service because such information may be required in order for you to register as user; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
● Our Service may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by going into “App Settings” on the app or by changing the settings on your mobile device.
● You can also control information collected by cookies. You can delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. Click “help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.
How we protect your personal information We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against personal identity theft.
Information you provide about yourself while using our Service
Visiting our Service from outside the United States
Although our Service is a general audience Service, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 13 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 13.
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
P.O. Box 91602
Austin, TX 78709